The PME is the nodal division of the institute for effective planning, monitoring, evaluation and project budgeting of all the R&D projects. PME division coordinates between Director and various R&D groups; CSIR HQ and other organizations. PMEunit coordinates strategic meetings, and facilitates in formulation of R&D plans and in framing the institutional goals and roadmap. The cell also facilitates in resource planning and financial management. The division also co-ordinate the international collaborative programmes and ISTAG matters. The staff members are having substantial experience of their domain
The major activities of the division are:
- Formulation and Management of projects
- Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation of projects
- Project performance review and allocate financial resources to projects
- Liaison with business partner, agencies and stake holders
- Negotiations and drafting of agreements for consultancy and contract R&D projects.
- Maintaining important databases on projects, manpower, publications, ECF, trainees, international collaborations and foreign deputations
- ERP implementation using R& D portal
- Liaison and interaction with Government departments
- Matters pertaining to formulation, approvals, co-ordination of inter-laboratory projects and co-ordination of technical services
- Research utilizationdatabase of CSIR-NBRI
- Assistance in audit of R&D projects
- Laboratories coordination under the Agro-Nutri, Biotechnology theme.
- Organization of Research Council (RC) meetings
International Scientific Collaboration
- Facilitates in establishing international collaboration.
- Organizing visits of international delegates to CSIR-NBRI.
- Processing deputation cases of Scientific and Technical officers.
Human Resource Development
- Technical manpower planning and human resource development
- Training of Scientists and Staff; incentives and awards for staff; etc.